Every year, Alberta Justice invites you to recognize people in your community who go the extra mile to prevent and address crime in Alberta by nominating them for this prestigious award.
Who is eligible?
These awards honour:
- youth justice committees
- crime prevention organizations
- victim services
- restorative justice organizations
To nominate a person, business or group
The nomination period for this year’s Community Justice Awards is now closed.
We'll review your nomination of a person, business or group (ie, the nominee) based on these elements of community justice:
- leadership – demonstrating exceptional leadership ability in the area of local concern
- innovation – demonstrating innovative solutions or approaches in their work
- service enhancement – taking deliberate and logical steps to enhance the services they currently provide
- community mobilization – effectively mobilizing the broader community to address issues of local concern
- partnerships and collaboration – building connections and effective partnerships with agencies and parallel organizations in the community
2018 award winners
The 2018 Community Justice Awards were presented on June 1 at an event in Calgary co-hosted by the Calgary Police Service.
Event program - 3 MB
If you have a question about these awards, contact:
Crime Prevention and Restorative Justice Unit
310-0000 (toll-free in Alberta)